Monday, January 7, 2013

Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Latte

DAY 7

YAY! A whole week! I blogged for a week straight! lol It's the little things in life!  I had the day off of work and it was a cold day. Our basement does not get much heat at all. However, it made me search for today's crock pot recipe which was super delish! I hope you like it as much as I did!

Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Latte
Source: Stephanie O'dea Blog

Ingredients:  (I halved this recipe and put it in my Little Dipper Crock Pot!)
--2 cups milk (I used 2%)
--2 T canned pumpkin
--2 T white sugar
--2 T vanilla (not a typo. it asks for tablespoons)
--1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
OR: 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp cloves, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and a teeny tiny pinch of ground ginger
--1/2 cup brewed espresso or 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee

--garnish with whipped cream (optional)

The Directions

This will make enough for 2 people to have a big mug with a bit leftover. If you are having friends over, adjust the recipe accordingly. Or, you can do like I did and half it to make a nice mugful for yourself. Mine fit right inside of my travel mug!

Add the coffee/espresso and milk to the crock pot. Whisk in the pumpkin, spices, sugar, and vanilla.

Cover and cook on high for 2 hours if everything is cold. Whisk again.

Ladle into mugs, and garnish with whipped cream and additional cinnamon. 

~Enjoy!
Melissa~


No comments:

Post a Comment